Friday, 21 August 2026 Newsarchy UK live index
NewsarchyUKUK
Every UK story. Mapped, sourced, and explained where it matters.
News

Meghan Markle to return to acting with move back to UK: Report

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are reportedly preparing to move back to the United Kingdom, with reports indicating Meghan has received a new acting offer.

Meghan Markle to return to acting with move back to UK: Report
Meghan Markle to return to acting with move back to UK: Report

Meghan Markle is reportedly eyeing a return to acting as she and Prince Harry prepare to move back to the United Kingdom, according to reports from multiple outlets. The news initially broke via the Australian platform news.com.au, which stated that Meghan has been offered a role in an upcoming project based in the UK. Entertainment reporter Bronte Coy noted that the job offer played a significant role in the family's choice to leave California, describing the project as a major incentive for the move.

Sources close to the couple have urged caution regarding the timeline. A source told Page Six that while inquiries have been made in the entertainment space and things she is considering, nothing is confirmed right now, adding that something is being discussed but it is not solid. A source close to the couple confirmed to ABC News that the report is accurate.

Media additions

Image via usatoday.com
Image via usatoday.com
Image via abcnews.com
Image via abcnews.com
Image via eonline.com
Image via eonline.com

Best known for portraying paralegal Rachel Zane across seven seasons of the legal drama Suits from 2011 to 2018, Meghan stepped away from her work in Hollywood following her engagement to Prince Harry in 2017. Her final episodes of the USA Network series aired in April 2018, just weeks before her wedding in Windsor, England, which was attended by several of her co-stars including Patrick J. Adams, Gabriel Macht, Sarah Rafferty, Abigail Spencer, Gina Torres, and Rick Hoffman. At the time of her departure from the show, she told the BBC:

"I don't see it as giving anything up. I see it as a change. It's a new chapter."

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, via BBC and USA Today

In the years following their departure from senior royal roles and move to the United States in 2020, the couple established production ventures. They signed a deal with Netflix resulting in a six-part docuseries and launched the lifestyle show With Love, Meghan, which earned a Daytime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lifestyle Program. Though Meghan told Variety in 2022 that her intention was to absolutely not return to acting, she has gradually re-entered the film space. In late 2025, reports confirmed she filmed a small cameo appearance as herself in the Amazon MGM Studios comedy Close Personal Friends, starring Brie Larson and Lily Collins. An Amazon MGM Studios production source described the project to the Sun as a massive moment for Meghan, noting she had been swamped with offers before selecting that specific role to gently put her toe back in the water.

The Move Back to Britain

Page Six confirmed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to the UK at the end of the month for an extended period, six years after stepping down from their senior royal roles and settling in Montecito, California. Despite the relocation, the family intends to maintain their primary properties abroad, retaining both their Montecito estate and a vacation retreat in Portugal, according to E! News.

The timing is driven heavily by schooling and family ties. The couple's children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, are expected to start at a new school in September, positioning the family of four to return to British soil in a matter of days or in the next few weeks, as noted by USA Today. An insider told Page Six that King Charles III was informed that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would be returning to Britain, with one source stating directly that the monarch is the reason they are moving back. The palace was made aware of the move according to reporting by the outlet.

Despite the physical relocation and proximity to the royal family, official parameters remain unchanged. A source familiar with the situation told ABC News that King Charles is clear there are no plans to alter Harry and Meghan's role and status as private individuals and non-working royals, preserving the agreement over the past years. The Sussexes have not commented publicly on Meghan's potential return to acting, nor have they commented on their upcoming move to the U.K.

Related stories