The oral trial for the attacks in Barcelona begins

FILE PHOTO: Dozens of people gathered in a memorial for the victims of the attacks in Barcelona. August 24, 2017. REUTERS / Albert Gea / File Photo

MADRID, Nov 9 (Reuters) – Spain’s High Court of Justice will begin on Tuesday the trial of three suspected Islamist militants linked to the 2017 Barcelona attack that killed 14 people, the deadliest in Spain in more than one decade.

On August 17, 2017, a man drove a rented van into the crowd on Barcelona’s central La Rambla boulevard, leaving 14 dead and more than 100 injured. Another man died during the driver’s flight and a woman was killed in an attack the next day in Cambrils, a town on the Costa Brava in the province of Girona, which also left several wounded.

Six of the alleged perpetrators were killed by the police during the attacks.

On August 16, an accidental explosion destroyed a house in Alcanar, southwest of Barcelona, ​​where explosives and gas cans had been stored. The blast killed the group’s alleged leader, an imam.

Two of the defendants, a Spaniard and a Moroccan, face charges of belonging to a terrorist organization, manufacture and storage of explosives and attempted damage, all related to the Alcanar explosion but not directly to the Barcelona attack, according to the judicial order.

Prosecutors are requesting prison terms of 41 and 36 years for both and eight years for another Moroccan citizen, accused of being an accomplice. All three remain in prison awaiting trial since 2017.

Eulogio Paz, head of one of the victims’ associations that acts as a civil party in the trial, said on Friday that his group “is going to work because the accused of murder are convicted because we understand that they are closer or further away from the van. , they should be accused for that ”.

The last hearing of the oral trial is scheduled for December 16. The process begins as several European countries increase their level of alert and their security measures after the recent Islamist attacks in France and Austria.

Information from Emma Pinedo; edited in Spanish by Jose Elías Rodríguez and Jorge Martínez

.

Johnson and Von der Leyen agree to “redouble efforts” toward a post-Brexit deal

The British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, and the president of the European Commission (EC), Ursula von der Leyen, they agreed ‘Redouble efforts’ towards a post-Brexit deal in a telephone conversation held this Saturday, a British government spokesman said.

The source noted that during the call, planned to Taking stock of the negotiationsJohnson noted that, while progress has been made, “significant differences persist in several areas” of common concern, including competition and fisheries.

The two leaders agreed that their respective teams will continue negotiations next Monday in London in order to “Redouble efforts to reach an agreement”, which would enter into force at the end, on December 31, of the post-Brexit transition period, which was formally executed on January 31.

For their part, Johnson and Von der Leyen “will remain in contact,” the spokesman said. If they fail to negotiate a bilateral pact, as of January 1, 2021, the United Kingdom and the European Union (EU) will start trading based on the generic, less beneficial regulations of the World Trade Organization (WTO).

.

▷ Meghan Markle’s vote in the US elections

Meghan Markle’s vote in the US elections.
OKDIARY

05/11/202019:07

In these last American electionss  Meghan Markle has been encouraged to vote in its public comments. ‘Page Six’ has been confirmed by sources close to the Sussex that the Duchess voted days before by post, and they go further by adding that she would also have exercised her right as an American citizen if she continued to live in the United Kingdom.

.

▷ The new virtual BlizzCon will be free for everyone: Blizzard says goodbye to the classic ticket in this edition

BlizzConline will be the event to learn more about Overwatch 2, Diablo 4, and other games.

Blizzard It has been holding a face-to-face event for 15 years where it announces news for its video games, and where fans can meet to participate in all kinds of activities related to their favorite titles. As we already knew, the 2020 pandemic has caused this BlizzCon to become “BlizzConline“an exclusively digital edition destined to maintain tradition from a safer perspective. And with this new format, they also arrive monetization changes.

In a video reviewing Blizzard-related news, products and services, President J. Allen Brack announces that BlizzConline, dated to February 19 and 20, will be free for all viewers. This is, in part, a first for the event: although the opening ceremony has always been free to watch, the rest of the tournaments, contests and collectibles were part of a virtual ticket of 40 dollars / euros.

In spite of everything, a good part of the activities which WoW parents are accustomed to, including competitions, cosplay contests or the fun march of the murlocs, where fans interpret these tribal fish with greater or lesser visual fidelity. Of course, we will also have ads.

In this edition, we will have to closely track Overwatch 2 Y Diablo IV, among other novelties. The former will add campaign heroes and PvE content to Blizzard’s cooperative shooter, while the latter will take a more sinister and traditional approach to the loot progression-based RPG series. Neither has a release date for now.

More about: Blizzard, BlizzConline, BlizzCon 2020, Diablo IV Y Overwatch 2.

.

Flanders wields a 1666 treaty to fish in British waters even if Brexit fails

2 hours posted
6

Share on Social Networks

by hatunruna a lavanguardia.com Sent: ____

Charles II of England had a hectic life. A woman he married in two separate ceremonies, no legitimate children, but a minimum of 12 with his lovers, a beheaded father, and himself spending nine years in exile before taking the thrones of England, Scotland and Ireland after the Cromwell’s death. He spent three of his years in exile in the Flemish city of Bruges and, grateful for their hospitality, in 1666 he awarded them the Privilegie der Visscherie, the privilege of fishermen who gave 50 boats from that city rights …

| labels: United Kingdom , England , Brexi , uk , fishing , boris , France , treaty


Share on Social Networks

.

▷ Pregnant? Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have a secret kept for “confidential reason”

Lapatilla

October 30 2020, 11:28 am

Royal families do not usually have few members, so Meghan Markle and the prince harry They could be gearing up for the announcement of the arrival of a new royal baby.

According to British media reports, the Duchess of Sussex; who won a motion to delay the court battle with the British tabloid for a “confidential” reason, is pregnant and will confirm soon.

According to the report, the judge Mark Warby granted the delay after Meghan’s team gave a “confidential reason” for doing so.

With information from El Farandi

Shortly after the judge’s comments, royal fans began speculating about Meghan Markle’s pregnancy; as he won the bid for a confidential reason that was shared by his legal team in court.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry became parents to their first child Archie Harrison in May 2019. It has never been confirmed whether the couple will attempt to have children again. But nevertheless; The former ‘Suits’ star is speculated to be pregnant and will confirm soon.

The tabloid, citing a source, stated: “It seems certain that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join your family.”

Meghan would surely be delighted when she emerged victorious in her bid to have a privacy action against a tabloid newspaper postponed for about nine months until next fall.

The trial was to begin in London in January 2021.

Prince Harry’s wife is suing Associated Newspapers by articles in the Mail on Sunday which included parts of a handwritten letter he had sent to his father, Thomas Markle, in August 2018. “My conclusion is that the correct decision in all circumstances is to grant the request”, said the judge. “That means that the test date of January 11, 2021 will become vacant and the test will be rescheduled for a new date in the fall.”

.

Unanimous condemnation of the Arab world to the attacks in France

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait or Jordan have lamented the terrorist attack. Even the Erdogan government stressed that “no reason can justify the murder of a person or violence”

The conviction comes after the escalation of verbal violence between France and the Arab world. Turkey called for a boycott of French products

“Terrorism is a common enemy that has nothing to do with a specific religion and goes against the values ​​of life and peace that the Islamic religion represents,” said the Jordanian Foreign Ministry.

The attack that this morning has claimed the lives of three people at the hands of a radical Islamist in the Notre Dame de Nice basilica has unleashed a cstream of solidarity and unanimous condemnation in the Arab world. A special reaction given the escalation of tension between some Muslim countries and France, after the call for a boycott of French products by the Turkish President, Taiyip Erdogan.

So, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates (UAE) or Jordan Today they condemned the attack, that the terrorist acts “contradict” the teachings of Islam and other religions. In a statement, the Saudi Arabian Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the “terrorist attack” and stressed that “extremist acts are contrary to all human religions and beliefs.” “We recall the importance of rejecting such practices that generate hatred, violence and extremism,” the note stated.

“Energetic” condemnation of Turkey

Own Turkish government has “strongly” condemned the terrorist attack and has stressed that “no reason can justify the murder of a person or justify violence.” The Turkish Foreign Ministry notes in a statement posted on its website that those who “organize such a brutal attack on a holy place of worship do not respect religious, humanitarian and moral values.”


For its part, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Egypt, He also stated in a statement his “categorical rejection” of the attack in France, the third in just over a month, and pointed out that the terrorist attacks “contradict the teachings of all religions.”

Likewise, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain they also condemned the attack and rejected “all forms of violence, extremism and terrorism, for whatever reasons,” the respective foreign departments of the four countries indicated, as well as the Lebanese President Michel Aoun in a brief tweet.

End hatred between peoples

Along these lines, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kuwait made reference in another note to the need to “double international efforts to reject any practice that generates hatred between peoples and fuels extremism and terrorism.”

“Terrorism is a common enemy that has nothing to do with a specific religion and goes against the values ​​of life and peace that the Islamic religion represents,” the Jordanian Foreign Ministry said in a statement published in Twitter

Moreover, today, Al Azhar, the Sunni institution of reference in the Middle East and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, formed by 57 countries, warned of “the escalation of the discourse of violence and hatred”, on a day in which Muslim countries celebrate the anniversary of the prophet Muhammad or Aíd al Mawlid.

Avoid cartoons of Muhammad

The Superior Council of Ulemas of Morocco, the highest religious body below the king, today ordered its imams to avoid in their sermons tomorrow Friday the issue of Muhammad cartoons, which have caused great controversy in recent days throughout the Muslim world.

In a circular from a regional instance of the Council published today by the yabiladi.com portal, and which ensures that it has been received throughout the country, the Council does not explicitly refer to the cartoons, which on the other hand it condemned without ambiguity three days ago in an “ad hoc” statement.

In your circular today, you urge all magnets to “get away from political battles” and “avoid insults to people, institutions and States”, alluding to France, which these days is suffering a commercial boycott campaign in several Muslim countries.


Macron, in Nice

Conviction in Europe

In Europe, the condemnation has also been absolute. Thus, the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, has sent a message to Emmanuel Macron, assuring that “the cynical and cruel crime” generates special indignation in him for having taken place inside a church.

European leaders have unanimously condemned the Nice attack, which has killed three people. “Consternation”, “Indignation” or “cruel crime” are part of the sentiments expressed by leaders such as the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, the Italian Prime Minister, Giussepe Conte, or the British Boris Johnson, who has described the attack as “barbarian”. “Our thoughts are with the victims and their families, and the United Kingdom unconditionally supports France in the fight against terror and intolerance,” added the ‘premier’ in a tweet.

What will be the new security device?

Macron has announced that the military security device will increase from 3,000 to 7,000 soldiers in the country. This increase will protect places of worship during the upcoming All Saints holiday and schools for the return of the autumn holidays, which takes place from next week, said the French president.

In addition, he has convened a Defense Council for this Friday in which, he has assured, more measures will be taken, while he has promised to “protect” citizens and “respond” with “firmness and unity” to the attack, the third that the country suffers in a month.


The basilica, after the attack

In what context does the attack come?

It should be remembered that France is currently on high alert after the death of a teacher on the outskirts of Paris at the hands of an 18-year-old young man of Chechen origin for showing cartoons of Muhammad in a freedom of expression class, the same published by the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and which motivated the attacks against the weekly in 2015. In addition to the cartoons, the measures that France has taken against some Islamist groups, such as the expulsion from the country of its most radical leaders, have caused friction among the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and French President Emmanuel Macron. Erdogan has even called for a boycott of French products.

Have there been more attacks?

Yes. This very Thursday morning a man who was threatening passersby with a weapon in the street in the French city of Avignon has been killed by the police. In addition, in Saudi Arabia, a citizen has attacked with a sharp object a security guard at the French consulate in the city of Jeddah, in the west of the country, causing him minor injuries, according to the official SPA agency.

.

Why is it getting harder and harder for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to spend Christmas in England?

Lapatilla

October 29 2020, 2:02 pm

Photo: Archive

It will soon be a year since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left for the United States never to return. They announced it on January 18 after spending more than a month on vacation in Los Angeles, where they spent Christmas with Meghan’s mother instead of with the Royal Family, as had been tradition.

By Vanity Fair

Of course, before formally abandoning their life as royals, the Sussexes returned to the UK in March to say goodbye and finalize the deals for their long-awaited freedom, which was finally granted by Queen Elizabeth II in April. And since then, they have never seen each other again in person.

That is why all the British people were anxious to know how the next Christmas would go when Harry and Meghan had to return yes or yes to England. Although not for pleasure, but because on January 11 the trial that the dukes are holding against Associated Newspaper, which owns several tabloids, is scheduled to be held in London, which they accuse of publishing false information about them.

A legal battle that demands that the couple be present in the courtroom, something that in order to comply with it forces them to travel to England two weeks before the date of the trial to keep the corresponding quarantine that the British government requires of those who enter the country from United States.

But according to what has just been learned, finally that Christmas return could not take place. Well, the judge in charge of the case accepted the formal request that Harry and Meghan’s lawyers have sent to delay this meeting in court for several months.

To read more, enter here

.

▷ Dos ex-Blizzard fundan Frost Giant Studios

From ex-Blizzard they have announced the founding of Frost Giant Studios in Orange County, California.

Tim Morten, CEO of the company, was the chief producer of Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void and has worked for the last six years in the company, although he has gone through numerous studies and has been involved in sagas such as Command & Conquer.

Tim Campbell, meanwhile, was the lead designer for the Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne campaign and has since been involved in numerous projects, most recently Wasteland 3 as director.

The first round of financing has closed with 4.7 million dollars raised by various investors, including Riot Games.

The company’s first game will be an RTS (real-time strategy game) and its goal is for it to be the next great game in the genre.

Real-Time Strategy Returns! We’re launching a new game studio to build the next great RTS! Join us on our journey at https://t.co/qtPYF1CahM! #FrostGiant pic.twitter.com/NRFfu64qCU

— Frost Giant Studios (@Frost_Giant) October 20, 2020

.

StarCraft 2 stops producing content 10 years after launch, but Blizzard will keep it alive

It seems that new games based on the franchise are not being ruled out, with no sequel announced yet.

In July 2010 it was put on sale StarCraft 2, a game that has remained the dominant RTS as it was with its predecessor. Now, Blizzard announces the cessation of development of new content for this title, which means that we will not have more commanders or chests to buy. But that does not necessarily mean that he will die.

Of course, the lack of news will put off many players, but the servers will remain active as up to now and their developers have confirmed that we will continue to have updates with balance adjustments and bug fixes, “focusing primarily on what matters most to our core and competitive community.”

StarCraft 2 Image

Qualifying this last point, Blizzard ensures that SC2 will continue to maintain its usual representation in the eSports scene from the hand of ESL Gaming and GSL. What about the IP as such? In the past, the Warcraft fathers had no qualms about listing their most relevant games for the future. Right now StarCraft doesn’t have a sequel on the horizon, but it seems that something like this is not ruled out.

Or at least, it is what can be read between the lines following the closing of the entry. Producer Rob Bridenbecker concludes, “We will keep you posted on any and all plans we have for future forays into the Koprulu sector.” In the absence of something more specific, we remind you that Blizzard has announced Overwatch 2 Y Diablo IV (plus the spin-off Immortal) as well as the imminent expansion Shadowlands WoW, so it will surely be a while until we see their next big game.

More about: Starcraft 2 Y Blizzard.

.